How to change payroll benefit field name at Sage 50?
Sage 50 payroll sub ledger by default creates two payroll benefits.
- Benefit is only taxable on Federal
- (Que) is used for Quebec only
However, users can add more benefits and more Quebec benefits in the system, by adding New Benefit which will be taxable in Federal and Provincial whenever there are two separate taxes.
Before you try to change the payroll benefit field name ensure the following things are done –
- Benefit is setup
- Employee Deductions are setup wherever required
- Employer contribution and User defined expenses are defined
- Accounts are Linked like Incomes are linked to payroll wage, salary expenses; Deductions are linked to employee deduction account and User Defined Expenses are linked to employer deduction and expense account.
Steps to change payroll benefit field name
While making changes to payroll benefit in Sage 50 you have to make changes in the following-
- payroll tax field name
- payroll benefit field name
- change vacation or Sick to PTO
After making the above mentioned changes follow these steps to change payroll benefit field name –
- Select MaintainàPayrollàReclassify and Rename Payroll Fields
- Go to Category column and highlight the payroll field you wish to rename
- Select the Rename Field button
- Enter the new name in the New field name: field
- Select OK
Points to Remember
Note: Ensure that while updating the new field name one must also update payroll formulas in order to make them run correctly. If you fail to change the payroll formulas, errors will be raised every time you try to process the payroll.
The error fixes mentioned above are applicable for different cases while making transactions through Sage. The error alternatives are recommended by Sage certified experts to resolve Sage Serial Data Error. If you want to make any enquiry or you are not satisfied with the solution and need further assistance from Sage technical support, then contact Sage support number. They are third-party consultancy who provides Sage assistance worldwide.