What files do I need to allow through my firewall to ensure that Sage 50?
SAGE-50 is one of the most widely used amazing accounting software that helps in managing a smooth operation and creating various business options. The software has proved helpful in organised financial transaction and tracking the cash flow, sales and return and various other aspects of small or large scale financial business. The various features and functions of the software add up to the advantage of time and money savings. The friendly dashboard of the software and abrupt installation steps procedure makes it easy for anyone to use the software effectively.
Despite of having a prominent technical support and user friendly equipment, there have been reported cases of technical and functional errors. The most common errors occur due to mismatch during the installation or inaccessibility, Data Connectivity issues, Database configuration errors, system upgrade issues. If don’t know much about Windows OS settings call SAGE Support Number for instant help .
The Accessibility of the files and permissions to access specific files located in various data path location have been seen as a frequent improvement area and mostly sorted after.
Sage 50 Firewall Settings
One of the major resolutions being the firewall settings that get configured during the installation of the software in the environment. The configuration and installation of SAGE – 50, requires few firewall ports to be kept open on the servers that allow the end users to access data. This avoids the trouble shooter message pop-up which points out at the computer firewall being responsible for the blockage during the processing of the data and interrupting a smooth functioning.
Sage has a special feature called “Connection Manager” that need to be installed which listens to port 13531 and further opens the corresponding additional connections on ports 13540-13575.
The connection manager is the place where the user stores their files.
However there are few steps to be followed during the SAGE configuration and installation in the firewalls or the proxy server to allow complete access. The support is an example from SAGE Peachtree (U.S edition) to help restoring the environment and solving the issues.
The platform , compatibility and the network need to be scrutinised properly before making any changes in the file accessibility.
For a 32 bit operating system, we need to open the Program Files and allow the following files to be allowed through the Firewall.
- Open the Ports 443, 1583, 3351, and 5222
- Locate in Program Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Peachtree\ and add the following files to the path
- Add the data path – OverDriveData.txt file
- Locate in Saga Data Exchange the following files-C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage Data Exchange
- Add the Pervasive Software – C:\Program Files (x86)\Pervasive Software\PSQL\bin
- Check for Server Integration area whether the path is correctly added – C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Integration Services\bin: AIS2.Server.Console.exe file is added the path.
- In case the SAGE is preventing the opening of URL and blocking the software from downloading , an exception can be added for “ *****sage.com”
- A file in the name of peachw.exe.config will be configured during the initial installation and we can add exception for every URL that is present in the file.
The following technical assistance should be done by the Canadian SAGE technical support team and they need to be contacted on immediate basis once any error is encountered. The highly professional and technically expert SAGE team can help resolve the issue without much interrupting the business if reported without any delay. The team can be contacted through various channels like a Toll Free number, Phone Support number, live chats and email support which should be used effectively.
The support team is highly responsive and expert to give a better solution for the issues and errors faced during the operation. Call now 📞 1-800-574-6305